The International Tech Hub Team, part of the International directorate of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), has developed a newsletter to inform industry and the public on the network’s activities.
This Privacy Notice explains your rights and gives you the information you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“the Data Protection Legislation”). Note that this section only refers to your personal data which we process (e.g. your name, email address) that could be used to identify you personally.
1. The identity of the data controller and contact details of our Data Protection Officer
The newsletter is designed by DCMS which controls why and how your personal data is processed.
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of DCMS.
Should you have any concerns about how DCMS is handling your personal data, please contact the DCMS Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Why we hold and process your personal data
The only personal data we process is your name and email address, and this is processed by DCMS to keep you informed regarding network activities, and to highlight events and opportunities for collaboration.
3. Our legal basis for processing your personal data
DCMS is processing your personal data on the basis of informed consent.
4. With whom we will be sharing your personal data
DCMS hold your name and email address on a database, and so is able to access your email address to enable DCMS to communicate with you regarding the network, relevant activities and upcoming events.
5. For how long we will keep your personal data?
Your personal data will only be retained for two years.
6. Your rights, e.g. access, rectification, erasure
The data we are collecting is your personal data, and you have the right:
- to see what data we have about you
- to ask us to stop using your data, but keep it on record
- to ask for all or some of your data to be deleted or corrected
- to withdraw your consent to processing
- to lodge a complaint with the independent Information Commissioner (ICO) if you think we are not handling your data fairly or in accordance with the law.
You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/, or telephone 0303 123 1113. ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
DCMS takes all reasonable steps to keep personal data in its possession or control, which is used on an on-going basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us.
We rely on you to notify us of any changes to your personal data.
8. Your personal data will not be sent overseas
9. Your personal data will not be used for automated decision making
Should you have any concerns or wish to exercise the rights outlined above in respect of the personal data which DCMS is processing, then please direct any communication to the DCMS Data Protection Office at email@example.com.