Local Charities Day is a great initiative for putting the spotlight on local groups and charities doing amazing work beneath the radar, something that, as the Community Foundation for Kent and Medway, is extremely close to our hearts.
We provide financial support to hundreds of charities and deserving causes throughout the county each year – particularly small, local charities, where a modest sum of money can make a significant impact. So, it is great to be involved in the #LocalCharitiesDay campaign again this year, encouraging the charities we work with to support the campaign, get involved on social media, register themselves on the interactive map and network with other local organisations. It is great to see some of the charities we support, like MMK Mind guest blogging too.
Since 2001, KCF have been empowering grassroots charities in our local communities of Kent and Medway who make a real and positive difference to people’s lives. Last year, our funding benefited 151,000 people through 560 grants, totalling £2.26 million distributed to small grassroots organisations and individuals in our county.
It has been a big year at KCF
- We reached a huge milestone – distributing £30 million in grants since 2001
- We launched our core funding pilot to recognise that frontline organisations invest a great deal of resource into applying for funding and sometimes find it challenging to secure funding for their core work and overheads. Six local organisations received £12,000 over the year
- We received £1 million match-funding to encourage donors to set up local funds to support their own communities and build a legacy for young people
- Our social lending programme received a £500,000 boost from The Big Lottery
If you would like to find out more about Kent Community Foundation please visit www.kentcf.org.uk
Thanks for reading and we look forward to getting involved on 14 December 2018!
Get involved in Local Charities Day
- Use the interactive map to find local charities near you. Run a local charity? Add your details to our map and show your support for the day
- #PledgeYourTime to a local charity
- Nominate a Local Charities Champion
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media channels
- Download our digital toolkit and help spread the word about Local Charities Day